Criteria for Expert Affiliation
Affiliation with Poverty Solutions at the University of Michigan is available to U-M faculty on all campuses who:
- have an active appointment in a U-M department*,
- a track record of poverty-related research
Faculty Expert Benefits
- Participation in a campus-wide interdisciplinary initiative seeking to support U-M faculty and researchers studying and testing strategies for the prevention and alleviation of poverty, and advising policy makers to inform change.
- Access to Poverty Solutions administrative, communications, government relations infrastructure.
- Participation on leadership teams and working groups to shape the functioning and direction of the initiative.
- Online Poverty Solutions Profile – We create an online profile for each Poverty Solutions faculty affiliate; please review yours and help us make it the best it can be. You can also explore the profile database to discover potential new collaborators!
- Email Updates – Our Poverty Solutions newsletter, and periodic emails, will keep you informed about opportunities, upcoming events, and initiative-wide news. Your staff and trainees can also receive the newsletter; email firstname.lastname@example.org to get them added to the list.
- Seminars, Workshops, Networking and other Events – Poverty Solutions affiliates and their teams have access to a range of events organized or co-sponsored by Poverty Solutions. Most of them are open to faculty, staff and trainees but some are restricted. RSVPs are sometimes required.
- Communications Support and Training – We work to promote our affiliates’ work via social media, newsletters, & news opportunities. We also connect our experts to the U-M Experts. We create lay-friendly materials, connect affiliates to reporters seeking sources and coordinate with other U-M communicators.
How to Apply
Submit a brief description of your interests as they relate to poverty alleviation, as well as a current copy of your CV and profile image to email@example.com. Your application will be reviewed by the Poverty Solutions leadership on a rolling basis and a determination of affiliation will be made based upon the criteria stated above. Notification of your application is typically made within 30-45 days of application.
* affiliates maintain their home unit appointment