Criteria for Expert Affiliation
Affiliation with Poverty Solutions at the University of Michigan is available to U-M faculty on all campuses who have an active appointment in a U-M department* and a track record of poverty-related research.
Faculty Expert Benefits
- Participation in a campus-wide interdisciplinary initiative seeking to support U-M faculty and researchers studying and testing strategies for the prevention and alleviation of poverty and advising policymakers to inform change.
- Access to Poverty Solutions administrative, communications, government relations infrastructure.
- Participation on leadership teams and working groups to shape the functioning and direction of the initiative.
- Online Poverty Solutions profile: We create an online profile for each Poverty Solutions faculty affiliate. Please review yours and help us make it the best it can be. You also can explore the profile database to discover potential new collaborators!
- Email updates: Our Poverty Solutions newsletter, and periodic emails, will keep you informed about opportunities, upcoming events, and initiative-wide news. Your staff and trainees can also receive the newsletter; email firstname.lastname@example.org to get them added to the list.
- Seminars, workshops, networking and other events: Poverty Solutions affiliates and their teams have access to a range of events organized or co-sponsored by Poverty Solutions. Most of them are open to faculty, staff, and trainees, but some are restricted.
- Communications support and training: We work to promote our affiliates’ work via social media, newsletters, and news opportunities. We create lay-friendly materials, connect affiliates to reporters seeking sources, and coordinate with other U-M communicators.
How to Apply
Submit a brief description of your interests as they relate to poverty alleviation, as well as a current copy of your CV and profile image to email@example.com. Your application will be reviewed by the Poverty Solutions leadership on a rolling basis and a determination of affiliation will be made based upon the criteria stated above. Notification of your application is typically made within 30-45 days of application.
* affiliates maintain their home unit appointment