The road out of poverty: How transportation impacts economic mobility
Contact: Kristen Kerecman, 734-604-2891, email@example.com
DATE: 1-5 p.m. Thursday, March 15, 2018
EVENT: Over the past several years, transportation has emerged as one of the most crucial factors for escaping poverty. This engagement series symposium will examine transportation access and equity from a variety of angles, and connect communities, faculty and students to explore ideas, strategies and potential solutions.
Former U.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx will deliver the keynote address, followed by interactive panels led by faculty and community experts addressing topics including:
- License to Drive: How Legal Structures Impact Mobility
- Getting to Work & School: Barriers to Meeting Basic Mobility Needs
- The Future of Transportation: Engineering Systems to Enhance Equity
- Transportation Security: Measurement Tools to Understand Needs
- Accessibility Across County Lines: Regional Approaches
- Transportation advocacy with community experts
This event is free and open to the public. A networking reception will follow the event.
PLACE: University of Michigan League, 911 N. University Ave., Ann Arbor